What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is an open-source, completely customizable eCommerce platform for entrepreneurs worldwide. Go beyond the confines of traditional eCommerce solutions, and be limited only by your own imagination.
- Powered by trust: WooCommerce is built on WordPress, the software that runs 26% of the web. Regularly audited by Sucuri, an industry leader in security, you’re in good hands.
- Content at the core: Working on top of the world’s most popular content management system, WooCommerce seamlessly integrates commerce with content. Everything you need is in one place.
- A modular system: WooCommerce is kept lean so you can add just the options you want. It’s also made to work alongside your favourite WordPress plugins, so you can keep the features you already love.
- Sell anything:
From physical products and digital downloads to subscriptions, content and even appointments, you can sell anything with WooCommerce.
- No limits: WooCommerce is entirely open source, which means you can modify and customize anything and everything. Because you have complete control, you can add unlimited products and users, and take unlimited orders.
- Worldwide community: WooCommerce stores and developers come from all over the world – from Norway to South Africa, from Canada to Japan.
Ex-Commerce: Woo Integration
This is our integration with the WordPress plugin WooCommerce and the accountancy package Advanced Exchequer. It uses ExFusion and our API Services to update a WooCommerce shop with Customers, Orders and Stock.
This integration offers a rapid return on investment through streamlined and automated online order processing. No more re-keying of data and wasting time duplicating tasks.
No more manual transfer of data between systems using spreadsheets and CSV files. The solution provides a truly integrated process that gives you back one of the most valuable commodities – Time!
The integration supports both Pervasive PSQL and Microsoft SQL versions of Advanced Exchequer, with the requirement of Advanced Exchequer being on version 12 or newer.
How it works
ExFusion is our integration layer that communicates with our API Services. ExFusion is installed on the Advanced Exchequer, whereas the API Services are hosted in our Data Centre. This provides a single secure point of communication to and from the WooCommerce website.
Advanced Exchequer Customer Accounts
- Advanced Exchequer Accounts are synchronised to the web system.
- Customer accounts created in Woo can be imported and created in Advanced Exchequer.
- Advanced Exchequer account code generation.
- Edited records in Advanced Exchequer or Woo are updated bi-directionally.
- Customisable conflict resolution system to resolve disputes of data when an update for a single customer comes from both systems at the same time.
- Optional integration with the free edition of Wholesale Suite, a plugin for WooCommerce that allows a second group of customers to have different product pricing.
Therefore, two price bands of customer can be exported to the WooCommerce site.
- At current, only the free edition of Wholesale Suite is integrated and as such only one additional band of customers can be exported.
Advanced Exchequer Product and Stock Management
- Export products created in Advanced Exchequer to WooCommerce.
- This does not include complex product types, such as configurable products.
- This does not support the upload of multiple stock categories for a single product.
- This can include wholesale pricing as part of integration with the free version of the Wholesale Suite WooCommerce plugin.
- Export up to two band prices with each product, meaning all prices are in a single currency.
- Exporting stock quantities from Advanced Exchequer to WooCommerce.
- Managing stock from one, some or all Advanced Exchequer Stock locations.
- Accurate ‘Free Stock’ Calculated on stock location levels against allocated stock from locations.
- BOM’s Stock levels adjusted to take account of stock availability of the components in a ‘Could Build’ value adjusting web levels accordingly.
- Export BoM’s as simple products and handle their stock quantity as if the ‘Could Build’ value is their ‘Free Stock’ value.
- Upload stock categories to WooCommerce collected from a specified User Defined field when moving stock records. (This is an optional process that is not required to export stock records.)
- Import shipping methods from WooCommerce for reference in SQL logic to manipulate delivery options between the two systems.
- Retrieve, store and track the status of all orders that are created in WooCommerce. Importing into Advanced Exchequer those of the correct status.
- Updating WooCommerce with the status of orders imported into Advanced Exchequer.
- Adding order notes, that can be visible or invisible to customers, to orders that have been imported into Advanced Exchequer.
- Information on notes can include shipping information returned from Advanced Exchequer (Depending on existing integration with inventory management), SOR or SDN numbers or invoice information.
- Can create orders in Advanced Exchequer as SOR’s or SQU’s or a combination based on defined rules.